The officers of the EUSPBA Northeast Branch welcome you to our website!
Our goal is to keep you informed of the branch’s events and activities.
ANNUAL GENERAL MEETING
The Northeast AGM will be on Friday, 9/21, at 7 PM, at the Loon Mountain Governor’s Pavilion. (same place as the last two years…)
- Bring your ideas and suggestions for improvement !
- Any item you wish to bring up to the EUSPBA for discussion at the Main Body AGM must be proposed and approved at the Branch Meeting.
ANNOUNCING: EUSPBA’S 50TH ANNIVERSARY SALUTE CONTEST !!!
The EUSPBA/Northeast Branch is hosting a “COMPOSITION COMPETITION” to establish a EUSPBA Massed Band Drum Salute. The intention is to play it at highland games, concerts, or performances and the deadline for submission is the 2012 AGM (Nov).
The prizes are:
- 1st prize: $500
- 2nd prize: $250
- 3rd prize: $125
The first prize entry will be declared the “EUSPBA 50th Anniversary Salute”. It will have the composer’s name and will be used by the EUSPBA. The top three entries will appear on the branch website for free distribution to the public.
Each entry should meet these qualifications:
- Comprising a minimum of four parts, or three minutes of playing time, with a maximum length of five minutes
- Represent a level of difficulty, such that a grade 4 corps could play it well
- Based on styles, typical to the pipe band drum corps tradition
- Forming a comprehensive piece for a minimal corps of one bass, one tenor and two snare drummers
- Incorporating flourishes in bass and tenor scores
- Providing “stick tricks” for some snare sections
- Including additional parts for more accomplished drummers
Duty Piper for Drummers will be available again in 2012 !!!
In an effort to increase participation for solo drumming events at NE games in 2012, the NE Branch will sponsor a ‘duty piper’ to play for individual grade 3 & 4 snare drummers, novice tenor, amateur tenor 2, and amateur bass contests. For more details, email Brendan O’Reilly at firstname.lastname@example.org and Andy Adams at email@example.com
To subscribe to the Northeast Branch News email list, please visit the EUSPBA Home Page and look in the right hand column.